Monday, January 3, 2011

Where did it go????

Well the hustle and bustle of the holiday season is over.  It has left me with a sort of bitter sweet feeling.  As I get older the time seems to go so much faster.  My kids are growing more and more everyday and it makes me sad and proud at the same time.  We had a great Thanksgiving and Christmas!  As always, we ate too much and the kids got too much.  Of course if it was up to me I'd give them the world.  Spencer stayed home from school today with a tummy ache and a head ache.  I dropped the little two off at school today and they were so excited!  The jumped out of the van and ran toward their classes.  Ella was even more excited than Blake.  As I dropped them off I watched them run up to their friends and it got me thinking about how much other people influence my kids.  Of course as parents we all want to believe that our kids only learn things from us and that they only learn the good things.  It made me think as they ran to greet their friends that it is so important for me as their Mom and Mike as their Dad to be teaching them right from wrong and instilling our faith in them.  I have to say that my proudest moment this whole holiday season was when Ella said "Christmas is about getting presents!" and Blake replied "No, it's not Ella.  It's about Jesus!"  She then replied "Oh yeah, I forgot."  I hope that my kids know how much I love them, but I also hope they know how much I love Jesus.  Which all of this brings me back to the question, "Where did it go????"  Which by "it" I mean time.  I want to make the most of my time since it seems to be moving faster every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment