Thursday, October 21, 2010

I want EVERYTHING!

I love all the stages that my kids go through....ok, that's a lie, but I do love 85% of them.  Blake and Ella are in the "Oh Mommy, I want that!" stage.  Every single commercial that they see for a toy they make sure to scream at me and make me run into the room to see the commercial and the new toy that they just can't live without.  Blake has decided this week that the toy that he "really, really, really" wants is a Mickey Mouse train that is designed for 18 month old children.  I tried explaining this to him, but he's just not hearing me.  Ella wants a game called Red Rover and she makes me watch the entire commercial every time she sees it.  This is the first year that I'm getting REALLY excited for Christmas for them.  Michael and Spencer are old enough now that all they want is money or clothes. So shopping for Blake and Ella is super fun!  I've been really missing them being babies, which has made me realize that I need to appreciate every day so much more.  I can't believe how fast the last few years have gone.  I laid down with Spencer the other night and the kid's almost as big as me!  I was snuggling with Blake in his bed last night and it seems like just yesterday that I was laying him down in a crib.  When did he grow up????  I love seeing the two little ones together.  It makes me sooooo glad that they have each other.  Ella cried when I dropped them off at school because Blake jumped out of the van first and didn't wait for her.  She loves her big brother so much and I don't even think she knows it sometimes.  Back to wanting everything...I know that we're not the weathiest people in the world and it usually doesn't bother me, but I love my children so much that when they say "I want...."  it makes me want to buy it, immediately :)

No comments:

Post a Comment