Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Get off your butt even when you don't feel like it!

So we have a pretty busy day to day life.  Not the busiest, but pretty busy!  Sunday's are usually a crazy day for us because either me or Mike have to be at church by about 8:30am.  This past Sunday I had to be there at 8:30am and I had worked until 1am the night before so I was soooooo tired.  I got up and got ready to go and Ella wanted to go with me early so I got her ready too.  She was so good during band practice.  She sat in on the floor and used the pew for a table and colored us all pictures.  Mike left church a few minutes early because Blake had baseball practice.  So we came home about 1pm and I cooked lunch for everyone and then picked up a half hour of OT at work. I got done working at 2pm. Ella had been asking me since Saturday to take her to the park.  So I had put it off as long as possible (which is the point of this post).  I'm usually not a lazy person, but I was just so tired.  I really just wanted to stick the 2 little ones in front of the TV and go to sleep.  But Ella was insistent on this whole park thing, which is literally 2 blocks from our house.  So we took Michael to work at 3:30pm and came home.  Blake and Ella had decided at this point that they not only wanted to go to the park, but wanted to ride their bikes to the park.  So I caved and off we went.  Mike stayed home to hang out with our friend David.  So we got to the park and the kids were so excited that they managed to ride their bikes and park their bikes at the bike rack.  We spent about and hour and half at the park and during that time they walked through the nature center, colored pictures, played in a sandbox, fed the turtles and played on the playground.  While they were coloring pictures in the nature center the cool air was blowing and I started thinking about how glad I was that I brought them. Blake was coloring his little picture and singing "This is the day that the Lord has made"  It was a moment I hope to never forget.  I was so sad for Mike that he missed it.  Blake's picture got hung in the nature center by the nice lady who works there and he was so happy!  I was so mad at myself for almost not going to do this little thing that made them so happy just because I was tired.  It got me to thinking....  We only get a few years like this with our kids.  We only get a few years for them to snuggle with us in bed, or to eat lunch at their school, or to hold their hands when they walk.  Why in the world would we worry about being tired????  I can be tired when my kids are grown, but for now I choose to be wide awake and enjoy every moment I can.  Because in all reality, how do we really know how long we have with them?  So....get off your butt even when you don't feel like it!!!  Below are the pictures from our trip to the park :)

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate to how you felt that day. We are always on the go between work, school, and football that I feel like I never get a break. But little things we do with David mean so much to him. And to me, when I step back and think about how soon he'll be all grown up.

    ReplyDelete